$13.00 / hour
Avg. Wage Upon Completion
$22.00 / hour
On The Job Training
see Training Summary below
Related Courses Required
8 courses or 576 hours
see Classes Offered below
- Strong math skills, English to metric unit conversion, fraction to decimal conversion, and basic geometry and trigonometry
- Comfortable with computers
- Precision and detail orientated
- Focus on machining fundamentals progressing to CNC set up and operate closing with some programming
- Self disciplined
- Ability to handle more then one task at a time
- Ablility to follow written instruction
- Ability to measure using a ruler and/or tape measure, using micrometers, or using other measuring tools is a bonus
- Some degree of self confidence, likes to work independently, likes working with hands, good communication skills
- Likes video games, likes making things at home or in school, likes immediate satisfaction
Dual Enrollment Courses
These classes can be taken through MCC by FLYAP participants
TAM 101Machine Theory
TAM 105Machine Project Laboratory
TAM 121Mathematics for Machinist I
TAM 131Machine Shop Print Reading I
TAM 141Machine Shop Laboratory
Apprenticeship Training Summary
2,000 hoursManual drilling, milling, lathe work, saws, bench work, inspection, and safety
250 hoursLearning CNC basic language, G- code, what all the axes mean, etc.
5,750 hoursRunning, supervised set up, independent set up, and editing / writing of basic programs on CNC equipment
As a youth apprentice, you will receive education and skills through job shadowing in 11th grade and a paid co-op in 12th grade. What’s more, upon completion, you will have the highly sought-after skills and experience that could make your career possibilities limitless.
In this program, you will have an opportunity to interview with several companies in multiple trades. And when you graduate, you will already have an understanding of these companies and what they offer.
We are here to be part of your decision discussion. Let’s build your future together.